Human Resources Director
304.327.2401 ext. 2403
Please note the City of Bluefield does not accept unsolicited resumes. The City of Bluefield does not accept or retain resumes that do not relate to a specific, open position. To complete an application, please visit the City of Bluefield Municipal Complex at 200 Rogers Street. Resumes may be emailed to: email@example.com. Please include position applying for in the subject line.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
Director of Human Resources
City of Bluefield
200 Rogers Street
Bluefield, WV 24701
The City of Bluefield is an equal opportunity employer for all positions.
Note: Benefits package for full-time positions includes: health insurance, life insurance, retirement, vacation and sick pay, as well as supplemental options, including dental and vision insurance.
Notice is hereby given that the Fire Fighters Civil Service Commission of the City of Bluefield, West Virginia, will be conducting entry level tests for probationary fire fighters in the Bluefield, West Virginia Fire Department. Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age, must be or become a resident of Mercer County, have a high school diploma or GED, and have a valid West Virginia Drivers License. Application will only be taken at the City of Bluefield, Municipal Complex, City Clerk’s Office, 200 Rogers Street, Bluefield, WV until Friday, July 7th, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. EEO
GIS (Geographic Information Analyst/Administrator
The City of Bluefield, West Virginia is seeking qualifiedexperienced applicants for the position of Geographic Information Systems(GIS) Analyst/Administrator.
This full-time position will report directly to the EconomicDevelop Director, with additional direction from the City Manager. The positionwill require the interaction and coordination of multiple municipal departmentsand encompass the collection and management of all municipal related datasets. Utilizing Environmental Systems Research Institute’s (ESRI) ArcGIS managementplatform; the chosen candidate will be expected to assemble existing data,develop strategies for updating and maintaining ongoing data collectionefforts, administer data access rights for multiple departments, overseequality control and versioning of data resources, provide mobile access toend-users for field operations and provide necessary training for departmentsas required. As datasets develop, the chosen candidate will also assume theresponsibility for presentation work products ranging from strategiccomprehensive planning, economic development strategies, municipal assetmanagement, project planning/progress reporting and other generalmapping/presentation requirements.
· Create,maintain and administer municipal datasets using ESRI ArcGIS platform;
· Work withmultiple departments including, but limited to; economic development &planning, engineering, code enforcement, police and fire, public works andparks and recreation;
· Datacollection both research and field operations;
· Printed workproducts for various departments and projects;
· Providetechnical assistance and direction regarding GIS planning and implementation;
· Provide usertraining and support for GIS related software and hardware;
· Keep up withGIS industry trends and technologies as they relate to municipal operations;
· Project aprofessional, friendly and positive attitude towards the responsibilitiesassigned, interactions with colleagues and the general public at all times.
· Self-starter,who can receive and process anticipated project outcomes, pursue expectationswith minimal supervision and achieves success through persistence and hardwork;
· Excellentcommunication skills both verbal and written, with an ability to explain andtrain others with varying degrees of training
· Ability toschedule and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment where expectationsand objectives change quickly
· Above averagecompetency with Microsoft Office applications including; Word, Excel, Access,and PowerPoint
· Experience orcapacity to learn the use of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) equipment
· Willingnessto provide support during public speaking events; including participation whenapplicable
· Other dutiesas assigned
Education, Training, Experience
· Requires aBachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
· Minimum ofone (1) years of related experience preferred
· A combinationof education and pertinent experience may be considered
· Must acquireand maintain applicable industry certifications
Angie M. Foley, Director of Human Resources