304.327.2401 ext. 8650
In case of emergancy, please dial 9-1-1.
State Fire Marshal's Office
Division of Forestry
Schedule a Fire Fighter
City of Bluefield fire fighters are available to make presentations to schools, civic organziations, clubs, churches, and other groups on a variety of topics. To schedule a presentation, please email the department or call 304.327.2401 ext. 8650.
City of Bluefield firefighters participate in Christmas toy donations and other various charitable activities. For more information, please call the fire chief at 304.327.2401 ext. 8650.
Tips from the State Fire Marshal's Office
When cooking in the kitchen, stay in the room. Especially if you are grilling, broiling, or frying your food.
- When using a space heater, keep any objects around it at least three feet away. Make sure to turn off the space heater if you leave the room or go to sleep.
- If you have any electrical cords that have cracked cords, broken plugs, or damaged parts, you should replace the cord.
- Smoke alarms should be installed on every level of your home, especially inside bedrooms. The alarms should be tested every month.
- Have a "Home Escape Plan," and practice it twice a year.
- Have smokers go outside to smoke. Keep sturdy ashtrays for smokers that won't tip over easily.
- Be careful with candles. You should keep anything around a candle at least one foot away. Never leave a candle burning if you leave the room or go to sleep.
The Bluefield Fire Department requires the following information in writing prior to a new business opening in the City of Bluefield:
Once the above information is recieved by the Fire Department, an inspection will be conducted by Fire Department personnel. Inspections will vary depending on the type of business. Contact the Bluefield Fire Department at 304.327.2401 ext.8650 for more information concerning fire department inspections for your business type.
- Location of business
- Type of business to be conducted
- Plans or drawings (If there are no plans or drawings, upon the business owner's request, the department will visit the site to provide guidance)